Monday, April 6, 2009

A note from the General Manager of the Talbot Hotel Carlow


Hello, this is Larry Bowe, General Manager of the Talbot Hotel Carlow. I am originally from Waterford the ‘Deisce County’ and am currently living in Carlow with my wife & family. I have recently been proudly appointed as a board member for the National Council for the Irish Hotel Federation. I have an exciting & challenging year ahead which I am very much looking forward to.
I started my career as a porter in the Ryan Hotel in Killarney at the age of 16. I immediately loved the hotel industry & enjoyed looking after the various customers from home & abroad that stayed in the hotel. Over the years I have worked in many fantastic hotels such as the Granville Hotel in Waterford, O’Callaghan Hotels in Dublin and the Stillorgan Park Hotel.
For me a hotel should be a ‘home from home’ for our customers, with a warm & friendly atmosphere. This is easily created by the staff in the hotel with their friendly & welcoming approach to all our guests. Our customers are the most important aspect of our day and when a customer is happy so are we! The highlight of my day is definitely the busy lunch trade when I am up & around the bar chatting to all the regular customers. It’s a great way to find out what is happening in Carlow and how all our customers are doing! The day just fly’s by!
The beginning of the year has been very busy for us; we had a very successful VAT promotion whereby we paid the VAT on all our customers’ food which was great value to our customers. We also had a room sale in January & February; we sold out the available dates within 2 hours of it being live on our website.
As we create a home from home experience our customers certainly do feel at home here at the Talbot Hotel Carlow. Our WOW for the family special offer is still operating. For only €198 for 2 nights B&B & 1 Dinner for a family of 2 Adults & 2 Kids with a €35 voucher for the Dome its now better value to stay at the Talbot Hotel Carlow rather than at home.
We recently were awarded the Silver Award for the Green Hospitality Award, we are the only hotel in Carlow that achieved this award so we are very proud. Plans are already underway to with our Green Team for next year’s award and we are going for GOLD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment